Advanced Simulation Technology inc. (ASTi) will provide simulated communication and aural cueing products and services to the UK Ministry of Defense (MoD) Typhoon Future Synthetic Training (TFST) program. TFST offers diverse, simulation-based training options, including individual, team and collective training for the Typhoon aircrew.
Under contract terms, ASTi Telestra products will integrate into 20 simulators at training facilities in England, Scotland and Qatar. With Telestra's software development toolkit (SDK), TFST engineers can build custom simulation models and perform integration and testing with Typhoon training devices. Telestra software and hardware adapts to multiple platforms, including Full Mission Simulators (FMS), Unit Level Trainers (ULT) and Avionics Part-Task Trainers (APTT).
Telestra fills a wide range of requirements for the TFST program:
- Simulated radios modeling HF, VHF and UHF waveforms and propagation effects for ranging, terrain and weather conditions
- Intercoms linking cockpits, instructors, observers and debrief stations
- Link 16 communications
- Speech recognition and text to speech
- Aviation caution, warning and alert notifications
- Aircraft and environmental sound effects
- Radio navigation aids, such as the VOR, MLS and TACAN
- After-action review (AAR)
- NATO Education and Training Network (NETN) High-Level Architecture (HLA)
Since 1989, ASTi has been at the vanguard of innovation for live and simulated military training solutions. ASTi has fielded over 10,000 systems at more than 800 installation sites in 50 countries. ASTi’s capabilities include Radio over IP (RoIP) bridging; tactical system emulation; distributed, simulated, voice communications; AI and speech-enabled, virtual role-players and battlefield and cockpit sound environments. To learn more about ASTi, please visit www.asti-usa.com.