At the 2013 Defense Gametech Users’ Conference last week, ASTi announced the launch of HearVoisus.com, a no-cost evaluation service for its Voisus product. Voisus is ASTi’s ready-to-deploy, Live-Virtual-Constructive (LVC) and serious games audio and communications solution. The HearVoisus.com service allows prospective customers to create and manage their own Voisus server “in the cloud” for a full, 30-day evaluation period.
The Voisus server executes powerful audio processing, while lightweight software clients provide high-fidelity simulated radio and intercom communications. The Voisus communications suite includes:
- Centralized, web-based management to configure and distribute exercise scenarios
- Software communications clients with realistic radio skins; clients are easily downloaded to customer PCs and tablets
- Point-to-point calling and conferencing
- Integration with VBS™, Unity, CryENGINE, and other serious games for an immersive training experience
- ASTi Construct, to create the illusion of more players in serious games by linking automated radio, voice, and sound with synthetic entities and game avatars to populate the training environment
- ASTi Simscribe, a networked communications capture and replay tool for after-action review
- RESTful API, to create custom user interfaces and integrate Voisus with other training systems
ASTi’s communications systems have enhanced the realism and effectiveness of government and industry programs since 1989.