FAA Level D Integrated Audio Example
Civil Flight Simulators
ASTi offers a sound and communications solution package for applications requiring performance up to FAA, EASA and equivalent Level D/XZFT standards.
The heart of the system is based on the Telestra product suite, with its Target audio processor supporting the Ethernet-based ACENet audio distribution architecture (audio sampled at 48kHz, 16-bit resolution). ACE Studio provides the software modeling environment, providing the flexibility to generate and tune the model to meet Level D requirements.
For more information, see our Commercial Simulation Package.
Features and Capabilities
- Basic and composite audio synthesis, from simple wave shapes to complex and composite objects.
- Optimized "Level D Engine" object
- State-of-the-art "Sound Field Reconstruction" recreates the 3D audio environment of the cockpit
- Soundfile replay, including seamless complex loop capability (used for rotating machinery sounds)
- Digital signal mixing and dynamic filtering including powerful 5-band parametric equalizer
- Simple host interface generation and internal type casting in the model environment
- Use the host to command a self-test of the sound system installation for system confidence testing with the "Auto-DRED" object